Build a fruitful funding relationship with Better Bankside
Better Bankside’s corporate responsibility programme is now inviting applications for Community Partners.
Better Bankside’s Community Partners are local community groups that receive an annual grant for a period of three years and enjoy a special relationship with us that can help them to access businesses, volunteers and fundraising opportunities.
The five successful organisations will receive funding of between £2,000 and £4,000 each per annum for 3 years* from April 2013, as well as the opportunity to access in-kind support and expertise from the local business community. The Better Bankside CR group is keen to support groups that:
- Work with people who live, work or study within or very close to the Better Bankside Business Improvement District (BID). Organisations do not have to be based in this area themselves but the activities they are applying for funding for must benefit at least some people within or close to the BID area.
- Work to improve people’s quality of life and opportunity in Bankside, with a priority being children and young people.
- Can demonstrate that their activities have achievable outcomes and a lasting impact.
- Can offer ways for local businesses to work in partnership with the group and/or its service users, for example through in-kind donations of time/expertise.
- Will monitor and evaluate the impact of their work and report back annually. Funding can support core costs within a specific project, particularly if this enables the organisation to achieve full cost recovery and/or lever in further funding.
Applications are now open. If you are – or know of – a community group that may like to apply, use the links on the left to view the full criteria and download and return the application form to Danielle Cohen by post or email. Deadline for the receipt of completed applications is 5pm on 31st January 2013 and more information may be requested from applicants in the week commencing 4th February. Shortlisted organisations will be invited to present to the Corporate Responsibility group on 26th February and applicants will be informed of the outcome in March.
*Year 3 funding contingent on Better Bankside’s successful renewal ballot in February 2015.