Volunteer at The Big London Night Walk
In London, new rough sleepers keep walking during the night to keep safe, and save sleeping for the daylight. On Friday 6th March, the Night Walk will allow participants to experience this and learn about rough sleeping in the capital from those that have been there, taking a unique route through central London.
Volunteers can either help with logistics on the night (e.g., registration, motivating charity walkers on route, etc.) or participate as a walker. sak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: The%20Big%20London%20Night%20Walk) (Interested in getting involved? Contact us)
The Big London Night Walk 2015 is an experience like no other that helps to highlight the challenges facing people who are homeless.
We're looking for some fabulous helping hands to make sure our Big London Night Walk is the best experience it can possibly be for our wonderful walkers! We need people to take on the following roles with time slots available from 7.30pm through to 6am.
Could you help us by:
- Registering participants on arrival?
- Talking to participants about the challenge their training, what has motivated them to take part before the start?
- Welcoming walkers to the rest stops, serving refreshments, listening to how their walk is going and encouraging them along their way?
- Celebrating the finishing line with walkers when they finally make it back to base?
We need up to 50 people to fill all the roles we have on the night and would welcome teams of volunteers as well as individual helpers. sak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: The%20Big%20London%20Night%20Walk) (Get involved now)
The Big London Night Walk will be attended by lots of Big Issue vendors who will also be based at the rest stops. that means you will yourself have the chance to learn more about the challenges they face on a daily basis and how The Big Issue and Foundation are supporting them to rebuild their lives.
Volunteers need to be:
- Available for a minimum of 3 hours on the night of Friday 6th March
- Be confident in talking to members of the public and starting conversations
- Interested in learning more about The Big Issue Foundation
sak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: The%20Big%20London%20Night%20Walk) (Contact us to get involved)